So, this evening McKellen floated over to show me his favorite movie.
Well, one of his favorites out of all the ones that he's been in.
Anyway, this one was just....well, bizarre.
Maybe it had to do with the fact that it was Part II out of III, and I hadn't seen part I, but still! It was slow, boring, and that stupid small person kept trying to put on the ring, (though I wonder what would have happened, since he never actually does). I mean, there were a few good parts, (though none with McKellen in them...he's not the best), mainly with the dude with long hair (though I think everyone had long hair in that), and when he and the other short guy were competing for who could take out the most bad guys.....
speaking of which, those or....orc....orchids? I can't remember what they were called, were plain weird. Really bizarre. They grow from slime pits??
The fighting was tolerable. Though sometimes it just kept going, and going, and going......
And what's up with that tree that walks and talks? I mean seriously. He sings songs that nobody who is anybody wants to listen to anyway. IT'S JUST PLAIN BIZARRE! What kind of dumb people wrote him into the story anyway. Don't be hasty. *snorts*
And why did the guy...Aragorn? keep fighting at the huge battle - when he had all those dead people to fight for him? He could just walk behind them, since they move sooo quickly. Just un-intelligent. He really should have been killed a hundred million times - wait a second. That's from the third movie.
Forget all about that.
*forgets*
So, I am quite unimpressed with McKellen's movie taste....though he promises me that I'll grow to like them.
Hmph.
We just watched another one recently, and that one was much better.
But more about that later.
Overall I would say it's not a bad movie.
It just didn't intrigue me to watch anymore. I barley got through that one I was so bored of the ring.
No comments:
Post a Comment