Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Ode to a Phone, Smashed on the Floor

Hello everyone!
This is McKellen speaking.
I love poetry, just adore it. I enjoy laying in my tower and think of depressing and mornful poems to make people cry. I meant to share some of my works earlier, but haven't had the chance.
So without further ado, here is one of my most recent....
Ode to a phone, Smashed on the Floor.

The kitchen clean, and work all done
with children playing in the sun
A girl who needed food and drink
crept in the kitchen and began to think.

She opened cabinets, peaked in drawers
opened fridges and slammed their doors
All the while she held the phone 
and looked to see who talked to her

The phone gave her everything
joy, peace, life and hope
She felt if something happened to it
she might not have strength to cope

Finding food she heated it
(while on the phone she texted)
till at last the food was hot
and she found a plate to put it on.

It smelled so good, she got her phone
and a picture of it took
with sigh she picked up her plate 
and with a smile in stepped fate.

And then it happened that fatal day,
when the world crumbled and burned away,
her phone, who with always was.
fell from her hands onto the floor.

Slowly it tumbled, and she grasped the air
but with food in her arms she missed it

Throwing food onto the counter 
she knelt on the floor to search.

And there it was! The phone was there!
But the screen was turned to splinters
the glass had smashed
there was no hope 
She must learn to do without it.

She felt the screen, the glass came off
reaching she picked one up
the sharped shards slit her skin
the drops of blood appeared
looking down upon the screen
down her cheek ran a tear.

Into her room she pulled herself
her tears could have filled a vase
and thinking how foolish was she
to not have used a case

Laying on the floor her phone she stroked
"My darling precious, my one and all"
the tears a falling, she began to choke
"Oh how could I have let you fall!"

She rocked it, held it, her grasp grew weaker
till eyes began to flicker
finally her hands grew rigid
and her heart sighed and stopped.

That phone which gave her everything
yea, even life and hope
and when it fell, that fatal day

her very breath it severed.

*sigh*
Isn't that just....heart-wrenching.
I'm wiping tears away as I write.

So long folks, I need some time to recover after reading this deeply moving work.


-McKellen.

1 comment: